Thank you for considering contributing to Deployer. Please make sure to read the following sections if you plan on submitting new issues or pull requests.
In order for us to provide you with help as fast as possible, please make sure to include the following when reporting bugs.
- Deployer version
- PHP version
- Deployment target(s) OS
- Content of
- Output log with enabled option for verbose output
All code contributions must go through a pull request and approved by a core developer before being merged. This is to ensure proper review of all the code.
Fork the project, create a feature branch, and send a pull request.
To ensure a consistent code base, you should make sure the code follows the PSR-1.
Recipe Do's and Don'ts
For easier integration in existing projects and fewer changes in your recipe (and/or docs for it) you should try and follow these general guidelines:
- Use short file names for recipes, e.g.
- Prefix all tasks in recipe with your recipe name. If you have a task named
myrecipeit should be named
- Use config prefixed by your recipe name. If you have one config, give it the same name as your recipe.
- Do not override existing tasks (for example those in
common.php). Instead document thoroughly how tasks from your recipe can be integrated into the workflow
- If your recipe depends on another (be it included in deployer or 3rd party) document it thoroughly.