Axe iOS - COMING SUMMER 2019
Automated WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1 Accessibility library for iOS Applications. Star or watch this repository for updates or check Deque's website for more information.
Not an iOS developer? Check out the rest of the axe family.
Table of Contents
|Rule ID||Issue Type||Unique to Axe|
|1||Active Control Name||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|2||Conflicting Traits||Platform Guideline|
|3||ImageView Name||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|4||Meaningful Accessible Name||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|5||Touch Target Size - WCAG||WCAG 2.1|
|6||Color Contrast - Text Only||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|7||Color Contrast - Images of Text||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|8||Accessibility Elements Focus Box||Best Practice|
|9||Accessibility ID Elements Have Accessible Names||Platform Guideline|
|10||Adjustable Controls||Platform Guideline|
|11||Accessibility Value||Platform Guideline|
|12||Button Conflicting States||Platform Guideline|
|13||Colliding Controls||Platform Guideline|
|14||Colliding Views||Best Practice|
|15||Duplicate Accessibility ID||Platform Guideline|
|16||Focusable Active Controls||Platform Guideline|
|17||Focusable Text||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|18||Is In ScrollView||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|19||Nested Active Controls||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|20||Nested Elements Name||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|21||Supports Dynamic Type||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
|22||Touch Target Size - Platform||Platform Guideline|
|23||VoiceOver Navigation||WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1|
Accessibility is hard. Sorting through endless reports, long explanations, and false positives make it worse. Our Rules will be:
- False positive free.
- Broad enough to be generally applicable.
- Discrete enough to be easy to identify and fix.
- Encourage Vendor, OS Version, and Assistive Technology agnostic solutions.
- Released to Beta any time we have something we are confident in release.
- Released to Production
- As we have substantive new features that are stable... like a New WCAG Rule.
- Any time false positives are fixed and manual tests validated.
Two Week Pledge
When a false positive is reported to GitHub Issues AND
- We have enough information to confirm it is a false positive.
- It is not specific to a given flavor.
- It is not specific to an Android Version more than 2 major versions back.
we will either
- Fix the false positive.
- Demote it to a Best Practice.
within 2 weeks AND the view hierarchy that exposed that false positive will remain a part of our test suite until that test case is no longer valid.