Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
We made it people!
This release encompasses all of the beta. You can read through the beta notes for more details, but, here are the highlights:
- Single button to "Export OBJs", skipping the file selection box
- Autocorrecting spot lights - the light points where you point it, not where the parameters tell it to go!
- X-Plane 11 support for Blend Glass, Normal Metalness
- New clean UI, better laid out, more consistent look, and some properties smartly hide when they're invalid or not relevant
- Support of 1 LOD box
- Enhanced build number and plugin history to help debug files and track update problems. After installing this rc.1 version, your scene settings should look like this. The green check mark means "most safe" to use.
- No more reading the lights.txt file. The list of lights and their parameters can now be found online
- Though unsupported and largely irrelevant to most authors, a "Plugin Development" section has been added with some neat tools that you probably shouldn't use.
- EXPORT directive (really only useful for LR toolchains. Documented here for posterity's sake)
- Animations have been optimized
- Bones, nested bones, and complex parent-child relationships with armatures now work better,
- Animation types have been synthesized to just Transform, Show, and Hide instead of Loc, Rot, LocRot, Show, Hide
We could not have gotten this far without the incredible support of our beta testers, new authors, bug reporters, and all the wonderful artists who give us the inspiration and energy to make this product better! It has been an incredible journey diving into this facet of the community and I look forward to even more releases, including VR manipulators, full WYSIWYG lights, and more!