CakePHP Geo Plugin
A CakePHP plugin to
- geocode locations/ips and save the information (lat/lng) along with the records
- reverse geocode data
- querying geocoded data by distance (using custom finder)
- display (Google) maps (dynamic and static)
This branch is for CakePHP 4.0+. See version map for details.
Note that it uses the willdurand/geocoder library and therefore supports
- 12+ address-based Geocoder providers
- 10+ IP-based Geocoder providers
Most of them also support reverse geocoding. And of course you can write your own providers on top.
- MySQL support
- PostgreSQL support
- SQLite support (for easy local testing)
- GeocodedAddresses Table class for caching of API requests to prevent rate limits and speed up lookups.
See Sandbox examples for live demos of the GoogleMaps helper and the Geocoder behavior.
Installation & Docs
Please see the original Tools plugin if you need the Geo tools for CakePHP 2.x versions.