Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Albacore project. This wiki/project has moved to Albacore/albacore/wiki.
Albacore is intended to be a professional quality suite of Rake tasks to help automate the process of building a .NET based system. All tasks are built using a test-first approach through rspec, and all tests are included in the Albacore gem.
How To Install Albacore
If you would like to install the current, stable release of albacore, you can do so easily through the standard RubyGems.org server. Follow these simple instructions and you will be good to go.
gem install rake gem install albacore
That’s it! You’re now equiped with everything you need to get up and running with albacore!
How To Use Albacore
After installing Albacore, you only need to
in your rakefile. This will allow you to use the tasks that Albacore includes.
You may now want to check the Getting Started section.
How To Contribute To Albacore
Read the information on contributing to Albacore here
Albacore’s Task List
Here’s a quick list of the tasks that are built into albacore, with links to each of the task wiki pages. Be sure to check out the complete list of pages to find other useful information, though.
- ASP.NET Compiler
- Assembly Info Generator
- CSC – The C-Sharp Compiler
- Exec – Execute any arbitrary command line
- Fluent Migrator
- NCover Console
- NCover Reports
- NugetPack – Create .nuget packages from a .nuspec file
- NugetPush – Push .nuget packages online.
- NugetPublish – Publishes the .nuget packages online.
- Nuspec – Generate a .nuspec file for creating a .nuget package
- Output – Common build output tasks, including file copying and template expansion
- Sample Usages – Some real-world albacore/rake files are in these repositories.