A quick and dirty database dump and restore for Laravel 5.
In your Laravel
config/app.php file, add this to the service providers array:
Then run this to publish the
php artisan vendor:publish --provider=DerrekBertrand\\Deuce\\Providers\\DeuceProvider
You should be able to add tables as needed to the config file. Look in this file for help with configuring Deuce.
php artisan deuce:dump
The dump command writes all tables configured in
config/deuce.php to a folder
as GZipped JSON files.
php artisan deuce:load
The load command looks for the files written earlier and writes them to the default database connection.
- This package is not considered stable. Please don't rely on this for production.
- Currently the row size (including JSON meta data) is hard coded at 4K. Anything bigger than this will break.
- Code comments: code needs proper comment blocks
- Code cleanup: improve readability; catch more errors
- File methods: move file methods to traits and contracts; they both use similar methods
- Single table operation: allow a single table to be operated on
- Table level config: allow config settings to be overridden on a table level. This will allow admins to further optimize their backups.
- Line size optimization: allow the linesizes to be edited