OSX/Linux dotfiles for zsh, managed via antigen. Originally based on https://github.com/danemacmillan/dotfiles.
Supports an ~/extra.zsh file for adding customizations for your local environment.
Majority of bundle loading occurs in .zshrc, which is symlinked out via zot.
Any configs that already exist that match a dotfile that zot wants to link will
be obliterated. Use with caution- the list of symlinks begins at "Symlinking Configs"
- Auto-update and installation with
- ~/extra.zsh serves as the location for any machine-specific configs that don't belong elsewhere. It is never added to the repo.
- Custom configs for tmux using tmuxinator.
- Special bin directory for custom scripts, included in $PATH
- Automatic downloader for scripts stored as github gists, placing them in the $PATH
- Default theme is https://github.com/dersam/staples
- If you're not using zsh, make sure it's installed and you have switched to it.
chsh -s $(which zsh)
- Run zot.sh (it will alias itself to
zotafter the first run).
- Zot will overwrite anything that it wants to symlink (such as gitconfig).
- Running zot will update both the local repo, and the antigen repos.
- Enjoy new experience.
zot. Everything will auto-update.