reddiwrap is a python wrapper for communicating with the reddit.com API.
Compatible with Python 2.6.7, 2.7.1, and 3.2.3
Interacting with the reddit API is not very difficult, but figuring it out can take a while.
This class allows the interaction with reddit to be simple and easy.
reddiwrap makes it easy to:
- login to your reddit account,
- load posts from:
- user pages,
- search results.
- navigate to 'next' and 'previous' pages.
- vote on posts and comments,
- save/unsave, hide/unhide, share and report posts,
- submit links and self-posts,
- comment on posts and other comments,
- read, mark, compose and reply to private messages
- view your own or others' user info,
- view/subscribe/unsubscribe to the list of public subreddits,
- moderator functions:
- remove/approve/mark as spam for comments and posts
- add/remove approved submitters
- add/remove moderators
- distinguish your own comments/posts with the moderator tag
- mark posts as NSFW
# To upvote the first post on the /r/pics front page. from ReddiWrap import ReddiWrap reddit = ReddiWrap() # Create new instance of ReddiWrap login_result = reddit.login('your_username', 'your_password') if login_result != 0: # Anything other than '0' means an error occurred print 'unable to log in.' exit(1) pics = reddit.get('/r/pics') # Get posts on the front page of reddit.com/r/pics reddit.upvote(pics) # Vote # To reply back to every message in your inbox: msgs = reddit.get('/message/inbox') # Get messages for msg in msgs: # Iterate over the messages # Parrot back what the original message contained reddit.reply(msg, 'You said: \n\n>' + msg.body)
More examples showing how reddiwrap works are available in ReddiWrapTest.py.
ReddiWrap is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 (GNU GPL v2)
(C) Copyright 2012 Derv Merkler