- Did you start your function definition with def?
- Does your function name have only characters and _ (underscore) characters?
- Did you put an open parenthesis "(" right after the function name?
- Did you put your arguments after the parenthesis "(" separated by commas?
- Did you make each argument unique (meaning no duplicate names).
- Did you put a close parenthesis and a colon "):" after the arguments?
- Did you indent all lines of code you want in the function 4 spaces? No more, no less
- Did you "end" your function by going back to writing with no indent (dedenting we call it)?
Using a function checklist
- Did you call/use/run this function by typing its name?
- Did you put "(" character after the name to run it?
- Did you put the valeus you want into the parenthesis separated by commas?
- Did you end the function call with a ")" character?