Analyse mailing lists for communication patterns. This software performs statistical and network analysis of interactions between participants of mailing lists. We consider three mailing lists, namely LKML - Linux Kernel Mailing List, Sakai-devel and OpenSuSE, as case studies for our analysis.
Major highlights of the analysis done in MailingListParser are:
- Statistical analysis of discussion thread-based analysis of user interactions
- Statistical analysis of all conversations based on three parameters: response time, conversation length and conversation refresh time.
- Social network analysis of interactions between mailing list users
- Detection of communities among mailing list users using graph-based and text mining-based algorithms
- Identification of experts in the community
- Labeling of the interests of the users and the community by using text mining techniques
Complete documentation is available for the analysis methods used in the project. Even the source code is completely documented. Please download the docs for offline usage.
The release have been made possible by code and documentation contributions from Achyudh Ram, and Yash Pungaliya. The last minute contributions from Aakanksha Sanctis and Hrishikesh Dahiya helped towards a smooth release of the software.