#032 /dev/night - Show off your tools
- Tree Tabs extension for Firefox
- Tilix an advanced GTK3 tiling terminal emulator that follows the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines.
- Firebase a tool to build modern apps. (e.g. real time database for React) Examples for an React app:
- zeit Now makes serverless application deployment easy. Examples:
- fzf which is a general-purpose command-line fuzzy finder.
- skim is also a fuzzy finder but written in Rust.
- ghq helps you manage remote repository clones like Go. Examples how to use it:
- exa a modern replacement for ls. Examples how to use it:
- fd is a simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to find.
- bat is a
catclone with syntax highlighting and Git integration.
- ncdu is a disk usage analyzer with an ncurses interface.
- tldr pages are a community effort to simplify the beloved man pages with practical examples.
- tokei is a program that displays statistics about your code.
- Iosevka font is a slender monospace sans-serif and slab-serif typeface inspired by Pragmata Pro, M+ and PF DIN Mono, designed to be the ideal font for programming.
- Gitkraken a cross platfrom Git client.
- hackmd a collaborative markdown editor. Like Google Docs but for markdown.
- codimd is an open source alternative which you can host yourself.
- Changelog Weekly is a weekly newsletter from the makes behind the Changelog podcast. This is their editorialized take on this week in open source and software development. (It's the email you need to read to not miss out)
- Insomnia is a tool to degub APIs. (REST and GraphQL)
- direnv is an environment switcher for the shell.
- has checks presence of various command line tools on the PATH and reports their installed version.
- tig is an ncurses-based text-mode interface for git.
- Glances is a cross-platform system monitoring tool written in Python.
- KDEConnect is a project that enables all your devices to communicate with each other.
- Redshift adjusts the color temperature of your screen according to your surroundings. This may help your eyes hurt less if you are working in front of the screen at night.
- Chrome DevTools audit / Lighthouse is an open-source, automated tool for improving the quality of web pages.
Notes from Jakob