Back-end servers are down. If you want to create a banner, you must build the project yourself.
Please follow the instructions below.
- Click the GitHub icon marked as 2 in the bottom of the website.
- Clone the repository with git.
- Install .NET Core libraries, as well as IIS. (You need Visual Studio to build the project and install dependencies.)
- Select the solution file, and edit the launchSettings.json file located under devRantBanner/Properties.
- Click the Green Play button in Visual Studio marked either as your browser name (e.g. Chrome) or IIS Express.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you get stuck or have some questions or suggestions, please open an issue in the appropriate repository or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you.
devBanner Front-end repository (WEB)
Responsive front-end in development. If you can contribute, please make a PR. We appreciate it.
devBanner is a collaboration project first started in devRant. It's aimed at creating personalized banners for everyone without using photo manipulation software. It currently creates personalized banners including your own subtext for devRant members using the devRant API.
- Your own subtext. You can write some lengthy subtext as well!
- Lightweight. Almost all banners are under 500KB, so no problem downloading and using anywhere!
- Banner size selection
- Improved banner designs
- Wallpaper support
I want one!
Looks like you are interested in creating your own banner, aren't you?
Well, it is easier than you think.
- Open up your FAVORITE browser.
- Head up to https://devbanner.center .
- You will be greeted by the new beautiful, colorful frontend by Skayo.
- Fill in the form. You just have to type your devRant username and your own subtext. You can even write some nerd-y subtexts. (But we don't support xalgo..... Sorry)
- After a few seconds, the generated banner will appear below. Press the download button. (In older browsers, it may open in another tab. To save, right-click and click Save As... button)
- Use it everywhere!
(Based on the frontend in 10th Jan 2018)
We are looking for a front-end developer who can improve the overall designs and responsibility of our current frontend. Please join the Gitter Chat by clicking the Chat on Gitter button above.
https://devbanner.center - Create your own devRant banner here
https://github.com/devBanner/devBanner_Frontend - Front-end development repository
https://github.com/devBanner/devBanner - Back-end development repository
https://gitter.im/devbanner/Lobby?utm_source=share-link&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=share-link - Gitter chat
email@example.com - Contact me directly
- devRant API
- And many others who provides suggestions. Thanks!
Other implementations by devRant users
https://gist.github.com/alberto98fx/f90d29cfaf8013aa0de44e7dbe6e6fef - JS with Canvas