Device42 is a Continuous Discovery software for your IT Infrastructure. It helps you automatically maintain an up-to-date inventory of your physical, virtual, and cloud servers and containers, network components, software/services/applications, and their inter-relationships and inter-dependencies.
This repository contains a script that helps traceroute IPs in Device42 and set custom field information.
Download and Installation
To utilize the traceroute_tags script, Python 2.7, 3.5+ is required. The following Python Packages are required as well:
These can all be installed by running
pip install -r requirements.txt.
Once installed, the script itself is run by this command:
Prior to using the script, it must be configured to connect to your Device42 instance.
- Save a copy of configuration.xml.sample as configuration.xml.
- Enter your URL, User, Password (lines 4-6).
- Update your DOQL according to your requirements (lines 7).
- Configure hop count and timeout(ms) (lines 9-10).
- Set custom field information for IPs (line 11). You can change custom field name.
- Script runs on Linux as root privilege and Windows.
- configuration.xml - file from where we get configuration information about Device42 and traceroute arguments.
- device42.py - file with integration Device42 instance.
- traceroute.py - file with python traceroute code using raw socket.
- traceroute_tags.py - start script file.
We will support any issues you run into with the script and help answer any questions you have. Please reach out to us at email@example.com.