Android application to create wallpaper from map. Inspired by Background Generator by Alvar Carto. Application based on OpenStreetMap so any tile-based map source may be used to create wallpaper. Currently Mapwall works with some styles from Mapbox, Thunderforest, Stamen
- Make sure you've installed JDK 8 and Android Studio, a Standard Setup would work.
- Clone this GitHub repository.
- In Android Studio open the project from the local repository as a Gradle project (this will auto-generate
local.propertieswith the SDK location).
- Make sure you have an emulation device setup in AVD Manager (Tools → Android → AVD Manager).
- To enable error reporting/analytics to have to provide fabric key. Place it at
- To enable google location search you have to provide google api key. Place it at
- To enable maps from Thunderforest you have to provide API key. Place it at
Feel free to help this project. We have a list of open issues and a lack of tests.
Project is licensed under Apache License 2.0