Adventure is a port of the classic terminal game Colossal Cave Adventure to modern chat clients. Adventure is available on both FB messenger and Telegram.
The content of the game is mostly the same as the original released in 1976, it even runs off the same data file! I have however made a few necessary changes to how a user interacts with the game:
- Messages are sent in true case as opposed to the original uppercase.
- Messages are spaced out in order to make the game feel more natural in messaging clients.
- Info and instruction commands have changed in order to allow people to restart the game, and activate other game mechanics that would ordinarily be changed in the terminal.
You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest.
A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.
You are inside a building, a well house for a large spring.
There are some keys on the ground here.
There is a shiny brass lamp nearby.
There is food here.
There is a bottle of water here.
- Willie Crowther for originally developing the game.
- Don Woods for adding features many of the features of the current program.
- Brandon Rhodes for his implementation of Colossal Cave Adventure. It can be found on PyPI and Github.
- Como el buen vino studio in Spain for the lantern logo.