IsoStamp 2.0 Website
Background for the IsoStamp project & website
Isotopic signature transfer and mass pattern prediction (IsoStamp) is an enabling technique for chemically-directed proteomics. Specifically, it is an algorithm for the targeted detection and identification of modified species by mass spectrometry (MS).
This repository contains the code for isostamp.herokuapp.com, a web application that enables other people to use IsoStamp to upload and analyze their own data.
For more information: Interview with postdocs David Spiciarich and Christina Woo
History of the code base
This repo contains the code for isostamp.herokuapp.com, version 2 of the website. The original and current official site will eventually be deprecated in favor of this new site, and you can find its code at github.com/cmwoo/mass-spectrometry.
As of July 2016:
- Devon Zuegel has ownership over the Heroku apps (isostamp-staging.herokuapp.com and isostamp.herokuapp.com), Namecheap-hosted domain (isostamp.org), Mailgun credentials, and S3 login.
- Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org are forwarded to Christina Woo.
- Emails to email@example.com are forwarded to Devon Zuegel.
isostamp relies upon Heroku's deployment pipeline. The structure is as follows:
- Local development.
- Deploy to
isostamp-staging(staging heroku app) by running
$ rb deploy_staging.rb.
isostamp(production heroku app) by running
$ rb deploy_production.rb.
$at the beginning code snippets indicates the command should be run in your terminal. The
$should not be included in the actual command.
- Setup Ruby on Rails on your computer.
- In your terminal, navigate to the directory in which you'd like to store this repository:
$ cd ~/path/to/parent/dir. Then, run
$ git clone https://github.com/devonzuegel/isostamp-web-v2.git.
$ bundle install
$ bundle installto install the required Ruby gems.
$ guardto start the server and continuous testing.
If you come across any problems with the site, please create a Github issue with specific details and screenshots of the problem.
Developed by the Bertozzi Group, 2016.