community-sourced tools for the DevRel industry
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Travel Tools/Tricks/Hacks
- lithium.com: Lithium social media software provides on-demand, hosted forums, chats for businesses. Solve your social media marketing problems and learn more today!
- answerhub.com: Q&A Solution based on the idea of Stack Exchange
- discourse.org: Open-source, community-minded forum software
- vanillaforums.com: Vanilla offers a highly brandable and extensible solution for support, Q&A and ideation forums.
Static sites generator
- netlify.com: Deploy modern static websites with Netlify. Get CDN, Continuous deployment, 1-click HTTPS, and all the services you need. Get started for free.
- datocms.com: DatoCMS is an API-based administrative area for your static websites. Use your favorite website generator, let your clients publish new content independently, host the site anywhere you like.
- gohugo.io: Hugo is one of the most popular open-source static site generators. With its amazing speed and flexibility, Hugo makes building websites fun again.
- jekyll: Jekyll is a popular, open source static site generator.
- anchor.fm: Anchor is the easiest way to hear, share, and create audio worthy of your ears. Broadcast voice, mix in music from Spotify and Apple Music, and take call-ins from your listeners. All from your phone.
- github.com/jpetazzo/container.training: This repository contains materials (slides, scripts, demo app, and other code samples) used for various workshops, tutorials, and training sessions around the themes of Docker, containers, and orchestration.
- Glitch.com: Glitch is a really useful tool to collaborate, code and ship apps on the web. It offers value for DevRel folks especially in lowering the adoption barrier, creating embeddable running-code in documentation/blogs and live coding for free.
- claralabs.com: Clara is your partner in doing great work - a virtual employee that schedules your meetings.
- calendly.com: Say goodbye to phone and email tag for finding the perfect meeting time with Calendly. It's 100% free, super easy to use and you'll love our customer service.
- x.ai: AI scheduled meetings for smarter work days. The future is here.
- vyte.in: Schedule meetings 10x faster
Developer portals and documentation
- gelato.io: A tool for creating and maintaining excellent Developer Portals and API or Technical Documentation
- readme.io: Create beautiful product and API documentation with our developer friendly platform.
- apimatic.io: Developer Experience Platform for your Public/Private/Internal APIs
- slate: Beautiful static documentation for your API (slate example: developer.tradegecko.com)
- readthedocs.org: Create, host, and browse documentation.
- swagger.io: Swagger is the world’s largest framework of API developer tools for the OpenAPI Specification(OAS), enabling development across the entire API lifecycle, from design and documentation, to test and deployment.
- widdershins: OpenApi / Swagger / AsyncAPI / Semoasa definition to Slate / Shins compatible markdown
- gitbook.com: Modern documentation format and toolchain using Git and Markdown
- raneto.com: Markdown powered Knowledgebase for Nodejs
- stoplight.io: StopLight, providing engineering teams with the best way to document, test, and build web APIs
- openapis.org: Open API Initiative
- NomNom: When your team wants to discover customer problems, do research for a new feature, collect evidence for your next sprint planning, share research findings and more, NomNom has your back.
- Cockos LICEcap (for Windows): LICEcap can capture an area of your desktop and save it directly to .GIF (for viewing in web browsers, etc) or .LCF (see below).
- gifbrewery.com (for Mac): Creating fine-crafted GIFs for Mac users worldwide.
- GIPHY Capture (for Mac): Allows you create and edit GIFs through screeen capture, also can add captions and control pixel size
- Kap (for Mac): Capture screen areas and save as GIF, MP4, etc. Free and open source.
Video recording and live streaming
- obsproject.com: Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- screenflow.com: Video editing and screen recording software for Mac
- typeform.com: Build beautiful, engaging, and conversational online forms, surveys, quizzes, landing pages, and much more
- shwr.me: Shower HTML presentation engine (Jekyll support)
- reveal.js: The HTML presentation framework
- slides.com: Make better presentations. Slides is a place for creating, presenting and sharing slide decks.
- gitpitch.com: Create compelling slideshow presentations in no time using the tools you already know and love ~ Markdown + Git
Real time interactions
- kahoot.com: Game-based platform that makes learning awesome for millions of people all over the world. Useful for real time surveys
CFPs and Speaking Resources
- Confs.tech: Open source, shows both conferences coming soon as well as CFPs. They also have an email newsletter.
- CallingAllPapers: Open source aggregator that grabs conferences from several sources. They also have a free API.
- CFP Land: Sends a weekly newsletter of CFPs and Tweets them about a month before they’re due. Also has a large, filterable list of open CFPs, and a blog full of speaker stories.
- vmbrasseur/Public_Speaking: A big open source list of conference speaking tips.
- Speaking.io: Zach Holman’s collected tips for public speakers in tech.
- earthclassmail.com: Get the best virtual mail and address solution for your business. Now you can scan, sync to cloud storage, deposit checks and much more. Try it risk-free
- EvMan: An open-source tool for your team to manage events, from CfPs to participants. A hosted version is available via evman.io.
Remote clickers/slide advancers
- Osprey Porter 46: Works as a backpack style suit case, can easily fit clothes for an entire week when expanded while being able to compress for daily use (laptop, accessories).
Tips & Tricks
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.