debugger.html is a hackable debugger for modern times, built from the ground up using React and Redux. It is designed to be approachable, yet powerful. And it is engineered to be predictable, understandable, and testable.
Mozilla created this debugger for use in the Firefox Developer Tools. And we've purposely created this project in GitHub, using modern toolchains. We hope to not only to create a great debugger that works with the Firefox and Chrome debugging protocols but develop a broader community that wants to create great tools for the web.
Or take a look at our detailed getting started instructions.
curl -o- -L https://yarnpkg.com/install.sh | bash -s -- --version 0.19.1 git clone email@example.com:devtools-html/debugger.html.git cd debugger.html yarn install yarn run firefox # create a new terminal tab yarn start
- Claim an up-for-grabs issue. If you get stuck, we'd be happy to help.
- Do our getting started activity debugging the debugger
- Read the app overview or contributing guidelines
- Watch a video on contributing to the Debugger.
- Go to the features board to see what we're working on
This is an open source project and we would love your help. We have prepared a contributing guide to help you get started.
Say hello in slack or in the #devtools-html channel on irc.mozilla.org.
- Community Call: Every Tuesday, Thursday at 3pm EST. Join the Hangout
- DevTools Call: Every Tuesday at 12pm EST. Join the DevTools Vidyo
- Pairing: Ask in slack and you'll either find someone or be able to schedule a time for later.