debugger.html is a hackable debugger for modern times, built from the ground up using React and Redux. It is designed to be approachable, yet powerful. And it is engineered to be predictable, understandable, and testable.
Mozilla created this debugger for use in the Firefox Developer Tools. And we've purposely created this project in GitHub, using modern toolchains. We hope to not only to create a great debugger that works with the Firefox and Chrome debugging protocols but develop a broader community that wants to create great tools for the web.
Table of Contents
Or take a look at our detailed getting started instructions.
curl -o- -L https://yarnpkg.com/install.sh | bash -s git clone https://github.com/devtools-html/debugger.html.git cd debugger.html yarn yarn start # Go to http://localhost:8000
/claiman available issue. If you get stuck, we'd be happy to help.
- Do our getting started activity debugging the debugger
- Read the app overview or contributing guidelines
- Watch a video on contributing to the Debugger. Or listen to a podcast about the project.
- Go to the features board to see what we're working on
This is an open source project and we would love your help. We have prepared a contributing guide to help you get started.
Or, perhaps you have found a vulnerability in the debugger and want to report it? in that case, take a look at how we handle security bugs over, and open a bug at Bugzilla so we can track it while keeping users safe!
We strive to make the Debugger as development friendly as possible. If you have a question that's not answered in the guide, ask us in slack. We also
|Themes||theming changes for light, dark|
|Internationalization||using or adding a localized string (l10n)|
|Prefs||using or adding a preferences|
|Flow||flow best practices and common gotchas|
|Logging||tips for logging redux and client|
|Testing||unit and integration test tips|
|Linting||css, js, markdown linting|
|Configs||how to use debugger settings locally|
|Hot Reloading||steps for enabling hot reloading|
Looking for a place to find our documentation? you can find them here!
Our Weekly updates are also posted!
Say hello in slack or in the #devtools-html channel on irc.mozilla.org.
- Community Call: Every Tuesday at 3pm EST and Thursday at 12pm EST. Join the Hangout
- DevTools Call: Every Tuesday at 12pm EST. Join the DevTools Vidyo Meeting Notes Google Docs
- Pairing: Ask in slack and you'll either find someone or be able to schedule a time for later.