The binwalk v2.1.1 release includes many improvements, including:
- Many bug fixes
- New/improved file signatures
- Disassembly scans (using the Capstone Engine)
- Improved raw Deflate compression detection and extraction
- Raw LZMA compression detection and extraction
- Improved false positive detection for common compressions (Zlib, LZMA)
- An IDA plugin for running binwalk inside of IDA
- Integration of better extraction utilities (e.g.,
- Removal of all C library dependencies, including libmagic - pure Python!
- Native Windows support!
Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports and pull requests!