DexProtector (https://dexprotector.com) is one of the pioneers in mobile application and library shielding. It protects and obfuscates Android and iOS applications and libraries. Our solution helps you to secure your code and assets against unauthorized or illegal use, tampering, reverse engineering, and cracking.
This sample is to demonstrate how Dynamic APK Protection mechanism works.
- Android Studio or Gradle
- DexProtector Enterpise with a valid license
- Set path to Android SDK in local.properties
- Set path to DexProtector Enterprise in build.gradle (project’s root) instead of
Building 2nd apk
cd DynamicApkProtection/DynamicSample <ndk-dir>/ndk-build ../gradlew clean assembleRelease cp build/outputs/apk/DynamicSample-release.apk ../Main/src/main/assets/DynamicSample.apk
Building Main apk
cd DynamicApkProtection/Main <ndk-dir>/ndk-build ../gradlew clean assembleRelease
adb install -r build/outputs/apk/Main-release.apk adb shell am start -n com.dexprotector.dynamic.main/.MainActivity
When the Main application is started the following protection features are demonstrated:
- Loading of a native library from the Main application which is protected with Native Library Encryption (NLE) + JNI Obfuscation (JNI)
- Loading of a file from the assets of the Main application which is protected with Resource Encryption
- Loading of a protected apk from the Main application’s assets
- Loading of a native library (NLE+JNI) from the second apk
- Call of an ordinary and a JNI method (Hide Access + JNI) from the 2nd apk
- Call of a JNI method from the Main app
- Loading of a file from the assets folder of the 2nd apk protected with Resource Encryption
Corresponding messages will be displayed on a screen.