Meraki Captive Portal /w Zapier Integration
Static HTML/JS/CSS Site for a Click-through Splash Page
Cisco Meraki provides cloud managed WiFi with the ability to host your own "Splash Page", which is a captive portal service for authenticating users to join the network. This concept is called an External Captive Portal (ExCaP).
Meraki provides two splash page modes, click-through and sign-on. This application will use the click-through method.
Just host these files in the public directory on any web server such as Apache or Firebase Hosting, configure your Meraki SSID to use your server and that's it!
This version posts the form data to a Zapier webhook and is required for operation.
Sample URL received from Meraki to this page.
You can use this URL to test your application without an access point
- Host these files on a webserver
- Configure the Meraki wireless SSID with a Click-Through splash page authentication
- Meraki Dashboard --> Configure --> Splash Page: Click-through
- Add the domain address of the webserver to the "Walled Garden"
- Meraki Dashboard --> Configure --> Access Control --> SSID:yourSSID --> Walled Garden.
- Add the Zapier domain in your Walled Garden in the Meraki Dashboard
- Note: You will need to use the IP address instead of the domain name or contact Meraki Support to enable Walled Garden Domain Names
- Configure Zapier with a webhook
- Configure Meraki with a custom Splash URL
- Append a
zap_urlquery with your Zap hook URL.
Sample URL paramater string received by client
Cory Guynn 2016 www.InternetOfLEGO.com
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2016, Cory Guynn
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.