Homerow - Navigate macOS like a Pro
Like Raycast or Spotlight for macOS. Click, navigate, and perform tasks with the keyboard and no mouse.
Visit the website at https://homerow.app.
Download Homerow and view the changelog here.
Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
This is Homerow's workflow:
- Activate via shortcut (default is
- Search for the UI element to click on
- Labels (aka dynamic shortcuts) will be shown for the UI elements matching the query. The green target is the current focused UI element.
- There are two ways to focus the correct UI element:
Arrow-Dnuntil the correct UI element is focused
- Type the UI element's label text while holding
Returnto perform a click on the focused UI element
There is an option to use the Label-only workflow, which disables the search feature and allows you to type the label text without holding down
- Spaces and cases are ignored
;will query for all UI elements
Not sure what to type? The Tutor
🤓 comes to the rescue!
The Tutor shows you searchable properties of a UI element.
When Homerow is activated, you can call for the Tutor two ways:
?for Tutor to follow the focused UI element
- Hover your cursor over the UI element
Disable Search for ergonomics
When search is disabled in Preferences, labels for all UI elements are always shown, and label-text can be typed without holding
Shift. You can click more ergonomically by pressing
Space instead of
Made for those who
|Focus next UI element||
|Focus previous UI element||
|Jump focus to UI element||Type the label while holding
Pro-tip: Map Caps Lock to Hyper Key
You'll likely activate Homerow quite frequently, so make the controls as comfortable and as quick as possible for the best experience.
Three reasons to use Hyper Key:
- Activate Homerow with
Caps Lock + F
- Focus the next or previous UI Element with
Caps Lock + Jand
Caps Lock + Krespectively.
- Navigate menus with
Caps Lock + H/J/K/L
How to set up Hyper Key:
- Hyperkey by Ryan Hanson OR
- Configure Karabiner-Elements
- You can import my Karabiner Hyper Key rules by opening this link in your browser:
Pro-tip: Scrolling with Keyboard Scroller
I made Keyboard Scroller, a free app to scroll with keyboard shortcuts. Check it out!
Encountered a bug? Would like to request a feature? An app does not work well with Homerow?
Please let me know through:
- Open a GitHub Issue
- Email me at email@example.com
Homerow is developed by an indie developer (me). It can be evaluated for free. Please purchase a license to support development. Thanks!