Forum system written in ASP.NET MVC 5. Along with MVC it’s built using Entity Framework Code First and is easy to extend and add your own features.
Check a live demo here http://demo-forumsystem.apphb.com
- Sections are organizational containers which house the individual categories
- Last Post - list who made the last post in a particular category and when it was made.
- Number of posts in a particular category.
- Number of replies (answers and comments) in a particular category.
- Last activity - list who made the last answer or comment in a particular post and when it was made.
- Number of views for a particular post.
- Number of likes for a particular post.
- Number of reports for a particular post.
Posts, Answers and Comments
- TinyMCE editor
- Supports HTML
- Attachment images (.gif, .jpg., etc.)
- Attachment video
- Preview option
- Custom Avatars - specify a URL.
- Custom Profile - every user gets a profile that they can customize with their personal information.
- List user's forum activity (posts, answers, comments).
- List user's notifications.
- Allows users to like posts, answers and comments.
- Report system for posts, answers and comments.
- Real Time Notifications using SignalR.
Reports - moderators have quick access to a list of posts, answers or comments which users have reported, and can deal with it efficiently.
Move Post - moderators have the ability to move post to a new category.
Lock Post - individual posts can be locked so that regular users can no longer reply.
Pin Post - moderators can pin a post to the top of the page.
Post, Answer and Comment Editing - moderators can edit the contents of a user's post, answer and comment.
Delete Post, Answer and Comment - moderators can delete a post, answer and comment.
Manage all data - administrators can add, edit, move, delete all data.
Administrators have access to Moderation area.
Manage users and their roles - administrators can add user in roles and remove user from roles.
Security Verification During Registration
- reCAPTCHA by Google