Mostly based on holman's topically-organized dotfiles. They're using his bootstrapping Rakefile, but I may change that out in the future for something with little or no dependencies. There's some stuff in here that's specific to my setup (my
.gitconfig for instance), so watch out.
- Mac OS X Lion or later
- XCode and Command Line Tools
- Homebrew package manager
rbenv is optional, but recommended
brew install rbenv ruby-build
so, how does this work?
- Installs some Homebrew dependencies and neat extensions.
- Symlinks each
*.zshfile gets sourced.
- Autocompletion loaded from
completion.zshfiles in topic folders.
hubfor easier Github integration.
~/.localrcfor super secret stuff that you don't want to put on the internets.
git clone https://github.com/dflems/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles cd ~/.dotfiles script/bootstrap
.dotfiles of interest
- dotfiles.github.com: Growing list of resources (follow @octodots for the latest-and-greatest)
- holman/dotfiles: Bootstrapping, topicality, ZSH config
- garybernhardt/dotfiles: Git hotness
- mathiasbynens/dotfiles: OSX goodness
- skwp/dotfiles: Clean