Mostly based on holman's topically-organized dotfiles. They're using his bootstrapping Rakefile, but I may change that out in the future for something with little or no dependencies. There's some stuff in here that's specific to my setup (my
.gitconfig for instance), so watch out.
prerequisites (osx only at the moment)
- XCode and Command Line Tools
- rbenv is optional, but recommended
brew install rbenv ruby-build
what's this gonna do?
- Install some Homebrew dependencies (grc, coreutils).
- Symlink each
*.zshfile will get sourced.
- Autocompletion loaded from
completion.zshfiles in topic folders.
~/.localrcfor super secret stuff that you don't want to put on the internets.
hubfor easier Github integration.
git clone https://github.com/dflems/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles cd ~/.dotfiles script/bootstrap
.dotfiles of interest
- dotfiles.github.com: Growing list of resources (follow @octodots for the latest-and-greatest)
- holman/dotfiles: Bootstrapping, topicality, ZSH config, vim config
- rtomayko/dotfiles: Some scripts (and symlinking
- garybernhardt/dotfiles: Git scripts and gitconfig. Great stuff. A+ would recommend.
- Script for installing common homebrew recipes
- Clean up