MicroPub support for Static Blog Engine
Note This release removes support for syndicating to twitter.com.
This php script provides micropub support for Static Site Generators. Incoming posts are rewritten to a suitable front-matter format and saved to the user's content store.
Currently, the script will handle the following indieweb functions:-
- replies, adding the title of the article/note you are replying to. Replies can be syndicated to external services.
- photos, note that this functionality requires the use of JSON-posts. nanopub is not presently equipped to handle multipart uploads
- checkins, this functionality is heavily informed by OwnYourSwarm and the format that service uses
nanopub offers the following functionality as described in the formal Micropub Specification
- Supports header and form parameter methods of authentication
- Supports creating posts using
- Supports updating and deleting posts
- Supports JSON syntax and source content query
- Supports replacement and deletion of limited set of properties
- As it uses a separate Media Endpoint it provides configuration query
nanopub additionally supports syndication of content to external silos. Currently it provides syndication to Mastodon, although it also provides a framework implementation for any modern API-based endpoint. An example is provided of the script pinging the micro.blog service to update the user's feed.
The code is self-explanatory and documented, and can be adjusted easily to meet different needs.
Please refer to the Installation Notes
nanopub expects data inputs in accordance with the current (May 2017) Micropub Spec, and does not gracefully handled deprecated formats. In particular:
slugwhen setting the content of the slug property
syndicate-towhen setting syndication targets for POSSE
Any errors resulting from use of the deprecated formats are a matter for the client.
- Make a
setup.phpscript to complete the required configuration settings.
- Implement rsvp's, itineraries &c
- Trigger sitegen on succesful operation.
- Daniel Goldsmith https://ascraeus.org
- nanopub is released under the Zero Clause BSD Licence (0BSD).
- The IndieAuth validation sequence was taken from Amy Guy's Minimal Micropub, without which I couldn't have done this.
- All at the #indieweb and #indieweb-dev IRC channels, who provide inspiration and support in equal measure.
|2.0.0||2018-08-09||Removed support for syndication to twitter|
|1.5.1||2018-04-12||Clarified Installation & packaged vendor files|
|1.5||2018-02-01||Added configurable frontmatter, currently json or yaml|
|1.4||2018-01-26||Extended for weather reporting, and rich-context likes/reposts|
|1.2||2018-01-02||Expansion to include
|1.1||2017-11-14||Rewrite of script to remove redundant and repetitive code.|
|FIX: Added a getallheaders() replacement for web servers without apache functions|
|1.0||2017-10-17||First official release.|
If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one ever was truly harmed.
– Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, VI.21