Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This version of WIDOCO includes the following updates:
- Updated webVowl to version 1.1.2 (latest)
- Allowed disabling showing ontology serializations (-doNotDisplaySerializations flag). Both in the console and GUI
- Added support for Czech localization (also in GUI)
Thanks to Petr Kremen for contributing with the Czech localization
This version of WIDOCO allows to add a Google Analytics code to track the traffic received in one of the pages. WIDOCO assumes you have a UA code. You can use it on the GUI, through a config file or in the command line by adding
This release fixes the following issues:
- Added support for french (thanks to Maxime Lefrancois)
- When imported ontologies had characters like "<" they were not showing.
- Added JSON-LD serialization for ontologies automatically
- When annotation properties have blank nodes, they will now be ignored instead of failing
- Updated contributor list
- Blank nodes are now absent from the provenance page.
- Fixed default language when restarting WIDOCO.
- Fixed the language form (now french can be selected, and it has the proper icons)
This release includes the latest contributions to the project:
- Fixes in HTML
- Fixes in how OOPS! is called
Also, now the license name is the URI if no name is provided (and URI is) instead of "license name goes here", and the java encoding has been included in the pom file to prevent UTF-8 errors in compilation.
WIDOCO now will comply with most of the terms listed in https://w3id.org/widoco/bestPractices. A few of them are still unsopported (e.g., rdfs:seeAlso) and will be added in next releases.
In this version, I have added support for all the deprecation terms in LODE, as well as support for skos:prefLabel and better recognition of some of the terms when the range can be a String or a resource.
- Now the examples have a "pre" label, so if they include rdf text or json text they show properly.
- A pointer to the guidelines has been added in the interface
- When invoking the program using command line, the default behavior is to load the properties from the ontology. Only if a config file is provided, the properties won't be loaded. There is still a flag, which I have preferred to leave for possible legacy issues.
- Markup is now recognized in all sections
- The diagram is now optional (by default it was always produced in older versions)
- This release also includes a doc folder with guidelines on the metadata properties to use, a benchmark of ontologies used for testing, a gallery with what WIDOCO can accomplish and a summary of projects that have adopted WIDOCO.
- Changed the pom file with another plugin for creating the JAR, because some of the RIO parsers were not creating the appropriate serializations of the ontology.
- Added robustness when the changelog was created. If a wrong URI is provided, then the changelog will not be created.
- Changed how the ontology is chosen so there won't be errors in MAC systems.
- Fixed some of the language tags.
- Polished some errors related to the interface.
This release removes the external dependency to WebVowl, and creates a visualization that can be seen in the ontology document itself (overview section). In addition, the following changes have been made:
- Migrated the framework to use a recent version of OWL API (hence the size of the JAR)
- Bug fixes in meta data (more to come in future releases)
- Made WIDOCO more robust to errors
- Published a benchmark of ontologies used to test WIDOCO. If you want us to try a new one, just open an issue!
- Published a draft of the best practices for ontology annotation (currently under work). These are meant
- Published a showcase gallery with examples of WIDOCO's features
- Published a report on the known usages by WIDOCO.
This release fixes several issues and extends LODE to accept more metadata options for defining terms and adding examples.
- Fixed an issue with the changelog that produced an empty bullet when the domain or range of a property was an union or intersection.
- Added tests with different ontologies that help inspecting whether a new change leads to errors or not.
- Extended LODE to accept: prov:definition, vann:example, obo:definition (with the appropriate class name), obo:usageExample, vaem:rationale, skos:definition and terms:source.
- Extended Widoco to accept terms:bibliographicCitation, bibo:status, bibo:doi and owl:backwardsCompatibleWith
- If an error is produced while generating the changelog or the evaluation reports, the section is not generated. Before, an empty section would remain.
- Fixed table of contents not being translated.
- When generating the documentation of an ontology, if it imports another ontology that cannot be imported for any reason, Widoco will ignore the import instead of failing.
- Added the possibility to ignore namedIndividuals when generating the documentation through console.
This version of Widoco creates an automated changelog section of your ontology. For all classes, properties and data properties, Widoco will calculate the new changes, additions and deletions and present them in a human-readable manner. In order to benefit from this feature, you just have to annotate your ontology with the URI of the previous version. You can use owl:priorVersion, dc:replaces or prov:wasRevisionOf to annotate your ontology (Widoco will only consider one file to compare against).
- RDF-a annotations are replaced with JSON-LD snippets. The page is just annotated with schema.org. The rdf-a annotations made it difficult to maintain, and the structured extraction tool provided by Google did not work. With the JSON-LD snippet everything is clearer. The provenance of the page itself is published separately.
- Now it is possible to generate ONLY the cross reference section of an ontology.
- Bug fix that led to errors when opening some ontologies like OBI
The Licensius web service has been unstable lately. This led to long waits from the server, even with a timer on the request. Therefore retrieving the license using this service is now optional and loading metadata properties from the ontology is faster.
This version fixes the following issues/improvements:
- 188: lang separator doesn't work on unix systems. Changed ";" to "-" as separator
- 189: return a non-zero value if there are problems generating the doc
- 151: text area in the table should be bigger
- 177: Ability to provide authors institution URI in the config
- 155: allow possibility of adding Zenodo URI (DOI)
- 132: could improve placeholder text
- 174: Dynamic sections
- 170: Check why isDefinedBy is not recognized sometimes
- 171: Separate configuration from vocabulary metadata
In addition, I have fixed the custom style CSS, saving the publisher in the config file, producing an alt in images to avoid broken images when no connection is available and issues with the consistency in sections and back to toc titles.
Finally, the toc will be now dynamic, so it will get updated if new headers with class "list" are added to the document.