GLSL Lighting Experiments
A work in progress for realtime livecoding visuals in raw GLSL.
The main tool I'm using is uniform.c, which pipes a tap-tempo
u_beat uniform and an audio amplitude
u_amp amplitude into
If you want to learn how to use this stuff, or how GLSL works, I recommend The Book of Shaders where you can learn and experiment right in your browser. (Chrome probably works best?) Gibber is also a whole bundle of fun, only a browser needed to learn GLSL and make generative music along with it.
- 20180622 - Cap Alan, Brekher / Lynch / Rodriguez, DB Pedersen as TBA @ Communication
- 20180530 - Louise Bock, Ka Baird @ Communication
- 20180413 - Drug Spider, Cribshitter, Labrador, L.A. Manatee @ Art In
- 20180314 - Disaster Passport @ High Noon Saloon
- 20180226 - Drug Spider, Corridore, Dystopian Echo @ High Noon Saloon
- 20180202 - And Illusions, IE, Louise Bock @ Williamson Magnetic Co.
- 20180114 - Julian Lynch and Emili Earhart, Harper, Sleep Now Forever @ Williamson Magnetic Co.
- 20171114 - Sleep Now Forever, Ada Babar, BLank, Emili Earhart @ Williamson Magnetic Co.
- 20170828 - Judders, Cut Shutters, And Illusions @ Arts + Literature Laboratory
- 20170602 - And Illusions, Pat Keen, Tippy @ Arts + Literature Laboratory
- 20170504 - Glassmen, Maniac du Jour, Twelves @ Williamson Magnetic Co.
- glslViewer for compile/display
- vim for quick editing
- My crappy uniform.c for tap tempo, audio, and MIDI input
- You will need libpulse-dev or equivalent package to use this
- I have no idea how to make this compile on OSX or Windows, sorry
- vim macro improvements
- "shader" mode, where binds become easier to hit until ESC
- tmux "swap to beat" things
- uniform.c support for more things
- amplitude FFT for hi/lo amplitude peaks (test if laptop speaker good enough)
- LFO mods
- allow "firing" the LFO in a really slow 10-30s fade
- allow "bending" the wave toward early or late
- allow beat multiplier "patterns" like 4 normal beats and one that is 4 times as long
- other ideas
- spirograph style
- stark masking
- work from tiling example
- work from organic fog example
u_mousefor dimming/amp adjust?
- mess with
u_timein more ways
- sine wave
- add beat