Vacuum Robots CCC to CE conversion
Vacuum Cleaners from Mainland China are called "CCC" by us. Worldwide, especially european, are called "CE".
The difference is, that CCC uses Chinese Logservers and has chinese soundfiles enabled by default.
CE is using Logservers in Germany and has english soundfiles by default.
The only difference between both versions is a configuration file (and some sound files for the bootloader) in /mnt/default.
For Gen1 and Gen2 the configuration file is: roborock.conf
This file is interpreted by the U-Boot bootloader and the software. For CCC models this file does not exist. By creating it (with the correct content) you can make your vacuum permanently a CE mode.
Step-by-Step conversion from CCC to CE
This requires a rooted vacuum cleaner and SSH access to the vacuum.
- SSH to the vacuum cleaner
mount /mnt/default/ -o remount,rw
- press "i" to enable edit mode
- for Gen1 paste:
- for Gen2 paste:
- Make sure that the lines are the only content in your file!
- press "ESC"
- If the file looks ok, press ":wq". If the file looks broken, then press ":q!" and start again.
- It is crucial that the content is exactly this and nothing else. The linebreaks must be correct!
- Reboot your vacuum