Erato is the ancient greek muse of love and poetry.
Now deployed at Heroku: http://rocky-dawn-1699.herokuapp.com/
- Empty page with Facebook login button -> upon login:
- Facebook API - obtain top 10 artists of user
Lyrics::Fetcher API - obtain lyrics for each artist (keep scores in DB, to avoid repeating work)
Term extraction - identify terms using Yahoo APIs
query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select * from contentanalysis.analyze where text='Maybe if I write enough, I will hear about an Italian sculptor.'&format=json&diagnostics=false
- Use some of the publicly available word frequency lists, e.g. http://invokeit.wordpress.com/frequency-word-lists/
- Score = <hipsterness, literacy, coolness, terms>
- rare words / all words = hipsterness
- unique words / all words = literacy
- trending words / all words = coolness
- terms are like icing on the cake (?) (logarithmic computations will definitely work best)
- Display score and plot the amplitude progression between songs/artists?
- (Maybe) Suggestions to the user: Higher rated/lower rated songs. (expand horizons / indulge in similarity)
- 20:30 to 21:01 - found and patched a bug with Lyrics::Fetcher::AZLyrics, should remind myself to file a GitHub patch!