IzPack is a widely used tool for packaging applications on the Java platform as cross-platform installers.
IzPack is part of The Codehaus.
IzPack is published under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0, meaning that you can adapt it to your needs with very minimal constraints.
Some third-party components (e.g., look and feel libraries) may be released under different terms.
Building IzPack from source
IzPack only requires Java SE 6+ and Maven 3:
mvn clean install
The build generates a distribution IzPack installer JAR in
The IzPack Maven plugin is inside the
Contributing to IzPack
While reporting an issue on our JIRA tracker is useful, investigating and offering a patch is much better!
We very much prefer pull requests over attaching patches in a JIRA issues.
- Public web site: http://izpack.org/
- IzPack at Codehaus: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/
- Mailing-lists: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/lists
- Wiki and documentation: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/IZPACK
- News: http://news.izpack.org/
- Canonical Git repository at The Codehaus: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/repos/primary/repo
- Git repositories on GitHub, open for community collaboration: https://github.com/izpack
- JIRA issue tracker: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/IZPACK