SMACSS that Sass
A Mobile-First RWD + SMACSS + Sass Boilerplate, FTW!
NUTSHELL: Get started faster with this mobile-first responsive boilerplate of HTML and SCSS files.
DETAILS: "SMACSS that Sass"" is an unprofessional name for a professional front-end boilerplate of HTML and SCSS files intended to help me (and you, if you wish to use it) get started faster when building mobile-first responsive web sites and apps.
As the project title suggests, this Sass-based boilerplate follows an approach to site development known as SMACSS, or Scalable and Modular Architecture for CSS. Essentially, it is a process of developing with consistent naming conventions and reusable patterns when using CSS.
This project is the product of my 13+ years of web development experience. I have of course learned from, been inspired by, and borrowed heavily from the combined and shared knowledge of the overall community. Some callouts:
- Sass :: http://sass-lang.com/
- SMACSS :: http://smacss.com
- The Sass Way :: http://thesassway.com
- Twitter Bootstrap :: http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/
- HTML5 Boilerplate :: http://html5boilerplate.com
- Ethan Marcotte's "RWD" :: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/responsive-web-design/
- Luke W.'s "Mobile First" :: http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?933
- Future Friendly Undersignums :: http://futurefriend.ly/
I am putting this up on GitHub mostly for my own use, though I welcome anybody to use it they find it helpful.
- SMACSS and OOCSS conventions
- Sass utilities and configuration conveniences baked in
- Mobile-first approach
- Responsive design techniques
- HTML5 ready
- Designed with progressive enhancement and cross-browser compatibility in mind
- IE-specific classes and Sass mixins for precise cross-browser control.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries
- more... a work in progress
Now - SMACSS that Sass!