Stanford has started offering a bunch of free online courses starting October 2011. Initially 3 courses were offered. But starting in 2012 more than a dozen courses have been announced. So decided to build a place to summarise all these courses.
Class Central was built using
The extras folder in the repository contains the complete dump of the database as well as the schema. Everything you see on the site can be found in the dump.
The instructions below will you get a copy of Class Central running on your local machine.
You need to have a Apache/MySQL/Php environment setup. Easiest way to do that is use XAMPP.
- Clone the repository into the www folder. A folder named class-central should be created.
- Import the extras/cc_db.sql file into a MySQL database.
- Inside app/config rename parameters.template.ini to pararameters.ini
- Set the following config variables in parameters.ini:
database_name, database_user, database_password
- Download vendors from the command line by executing the following command:
php bin/vendors install
http://localhost/class-central/web/app_dev.php/to view the dev version of class-central homepage. Replace app_dev.php with app.php to see the production version.