Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
Release 1.5.0 of our Doom3 Sourceport.
Needs the original Doom3 (not BFG!) game data.
See https://dhewm3.org/ for more information
Changes since 1.4.1:
- We've got a proper homepage now: https://dhewm3.org
- Support for some Mods via custom SDK: Classic Doom3, Fitz Packerton, HardQore2, Denton's Enhanced Doom3, Rivensin (formerly known as Ruiner).
- dhewm3-mods_1.5.0_win32.zip contains the game DLLs for those Mods and a README that tells you where to get the game data
- See https://dhewm3.org/mods.html for a list of supported mods and https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3-sdk for the SDK and source code of the supported mods
- This has also broken backwards compatibility with 1.4.x game DLLs, that's why this version is 1.5.0 and not 1.4.2.
- Supports High DPI displays on Windows now
- Scale menus, fullscreen videos and the PDA to 4:3 (with black bars left/right) on widescreen displays so they don't look stretched/distorted. Can be disabled with
No, this unfortunately can't be done for the HUD (except for the crosshair), because it also handles fullscreen effects (for example when receiving damage), and those would look bad with black/empty bars on left/right.
- Commandline option to display some help on supported commandline arguments:
- (Experimental) uncapped framerate, enable by entering
com_fixedTic -1in the console (can be set back with
- Providing binaries for Linux amd64 (x86_64) now
- Updated some libraries bundled in the Win32 build: SDL2 2.0.9, OpenAL-soft 1.19.1 and curl 7.62.0
- Support for the AROS and OpenBSD operating systems
- Several bugfixes