Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Release Candidate 2 for the upcoming version 1.5.0 of our Doom 3 Sourceport
Changes since RC1:
- Fixes performance issues that RC1 had (due to a SDL bug)
- the mods contain a DLL for Rivensin now, as it has been released, see also https://www.moddb.com/mods/ruiner
Please test and report any issues! - Feedback is also welcome when it works, so I know it has been tested ;-)
Changes since 1.4.1:
- We've got a proper homepage now: https://dhewm3.org
- Support for some Mods via custom SDK: Classic Doom3, HardQore2, Denton's Enhanced Doom3 and Rivensin.
- dhewm3-mods_1.5.0_RC2_win32.zip contains the game DLLs for those Mods and a README that tells you where to get the game data
- See https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3-sdk for more details about mod support and the SDK.
- This has also broken backwards compatibility with 1.4.x game DLLs, that's why this version will be 1.5.0 and not 1.4.2.
- Supports High DPI displays on Windows now
- Scale menus, fullscreen videos and the PDA to 4:3 (with black bars left/right) on widescreen displays so they don't look stretched/distorted. Can be disabled with
No, this unfortunately can't be done for the HUD, because the HUD also handles fullscreen effects (for example when receiving damage), and those would look bad with black/empty bars on left/right.
- Commandline option to display some help on supported commandline arguments:
- Updated some libraries bundled in the Win32 build: SDL2 2.0.9, OpenAL-soft 1.19.1 and curl 7.62.0
- Support for the AROS and OpenBSD operating systems
- Several bugfixes