DHIS 2.31 Upgrade Notes
- In 2.31 we are introducing Flyway as a new system for database migrations. In the process we have removed most of the legacy database migration statements/scripts in order to have a fresh start and to reduce startup time of the application. As a result, when migrating from older DHIS 2 versions it is required to install DHIS 2.30 before installing DHIS 2.31. This will ensure that older migration scripts are being executed.
- As always, remember to drop your SQL views before upgrading the DHIS 2 version. The database upgrade routines might change data types, which is not allowed by PostgreSQL if referred to from SQL views.
Upgrade from 2.31.0 to a later patch
A bug was introduced in 2.31.0 which was corrected later in the 2.31.1 Flyway script. This leads to a checksum mismatch when upgrading from that earlier release.
You will need to run the following SQL prior to upgrading from 2.31.0 to correct the checksum:
update flyway_schema_history set checksum = '-271885416' where version = '2.31.1';
This manual intervention is not required when upgrading directly from 2.30.
- PostgreSQL version 9.6 or higher is required. The minimum required version was previously 9.4. We recommend migrating straight to version 10 as it is well tested with DHIS 2 and contains several performance improvements over 9.x.
- Support for memcached as application cache provider is removed. Please use Redis instead.
- The system settings Enable email notifications and Enable SMS notifications have been removed. The corresponding user settings now default to
- The Mapzen API is discontinued and removed from Maps app and Settings app.
- Flyway is introduced for database migration.