Install AdNauseam on Chrome Without Google's Permission
Clone this wiki locally
Google has banned AdNauseam from its web store and have left users with no access to their data.
Back up your data
(if you're a new AdNauseam user jump to Manual Install)
- Click on the AdNauseam icon to open the AdNauseam menu
- Click the
SETTINGSbutton at the bottom of the menu
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click
Manual Install in Developer Mode
- Download the
adnauseam.chromium.ZIPfile from the latest release for chrome.
- Extract the zip file.
- In your Chrome Browser menu, click Windows>Extensions.
- Check the
Developer modecheckbox (see image)
- Click the
Load unpacked extensionbutton (see image) and navigate to the file you downloaded in step 1 (in most cases it will be in the downloads folder).
*Note that every time you restart Chrome you will be prompted about your use of
Disable Developer Mode Extension. Feel free to ignore it and hit
**This is slightly annoying, we know. But hopefully we'll be back on the Google Web Store soon and this will no longer be required.
Retrieving your backup
- After you have AdNauseam up and running again, go back to the AdNauseam settings page
- Scroll all the way down again and click ''Import Ads''
- Choose your backup
- You're all set
Using AdNauseam on other browsers
If Google has lost your trust, as it has ours, you might want to move to a browser that is not as intrusive and controlling. You have a number of options including: