A simple, lightweight plugin for marking lines using signs for entries in location list or quickfix lists. Location Lists are given preference over quickfix lists.
- Fixed BalloonExpr (#1)
- Added feature for echoing of message for line under cursor. (borrowed from
Syntastic). This can be enabled / disabled using the
- Initial release, core functionality works.
There are 2 ways to do this
- I recommend installing pathogen.vim and then adding a git submodule for your plugin:
$ cd ~/.vim $ git submodule add firstname.lastname@example.org:dhruvasagar/vim-markify.git bundle/markify
- Copy plugin/todo-mode.vim, doc/todo-mode.txt to respective ~/.vim/plugin and ~/.vim/doc under UNIX or vimfiles/plugin/ and vimfiles/doc under WINDOWS and restart VIM
When you have
g:markify_autocmd = 1 (default), then markify is run on
QuickFixCmdPost event and marks the lines with signs automatically.
Markify can distinguish between errors, warnings & info messages and uses different signs for each. By default it uses '>>' to display in the signcolumn, however this can be changed.
If you don't wish to have markify work all the time, you can set
g:markify_autocmd = 0 in your $VIMRC. You can call
:Markify to process
the current location list or quickfix list ( location lists are given
preference ) and add the signs. You can call
:MarkifyClear to clear
the signs set by Markify and you can also use
:MarkifyToggle to toggle
:h markify for more details.
Reporting an Issue :
Contributing to code :
- Fork it.
- Commit your changes and give your commit message some love.
- Push to your fork on github.
- Open a Pull Request.
I would like to give a shout out to Scroolose for his awesome plugin Syntastic which gave me the inspiration and know-how to work with signs.
I would also like to thank Tim Pope for sharing his configurations which inspired me to build this plugin.