turses: a Twitter client written in Python
The goal of the project is to build a full-featured Twitter client:
- one that is fully customizable;
- usable with multiple UIs (curses, gtk, qt, etc.);
- plugged to different API backends (currently is using python-twitter); and
- having all the Twitter API capabilities with some spice.
turses is installed simply by:
$ pip install turses
or (but you should consider using pip):
$ easy_install turses
- Sexy curses interface
- Multiple timelines (buffers)
- Tweet, Reply, Retweet, Delete tweet
- View any user's tweets
- Fully customizable
- Pluggable UI
- Pluggable API
- Multiple accounts
- Thread view
- Improve settings
turses is still a work in progress, a list of tasks can be found on the TODO file. Eventually every task will reside in the repository's issue tracker.
Feel free to open issues with bugs, enhancements and features you will like to see in turses; or hack them yourselves and send a pull request!
The code is hosted on GitHub.
turses is licensed under a GPLv3 license, see LICENSE for details.