Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
New configuration system!
Copy over config/diaspora.yml.example to config/diaspora.yml and migrate your settings! An updated Heroku guide including basic hints on howto migrate is here.
The new configuration system allows all possible settings to be overriden by environment variables. This makes it possible to deploy heroku without checking any credentials into git. Read the top of
config/diaspora.yml.example for an explanation on how to convert the setting names to environment variables.
Environment variable changes:
- REDISTOGO_URL in favour of REDIS_URL or ENVIRONMENT_REDIS
- application_yml - Obsolete, all settings are settable via environment variables now
- SINGLE_PROCESS_MODE -> ENVIRONMENT_SINGLE_PROCESS_MODE
- SINGLE_PROCESS -> ENVIRONMENT_SINGLE_PROCESS_MODE
- NO_SSL -> ENVIRONMENT_REQUIRE_SSL
- ASSET_HOST -> ENVIRONMENT_ASSETS_HOST
- omniauth-tumblr 1.0 -> 1.1
- rails_admin git -> 0.1.1
- activerecord-import 0.2.10 -> 0.2.11
- fog 1.4.0 -> 1.6.0
- asset_sync 0.4.2 -> 0.5.0
- jquery-rails 2.0.2 -> 2.1.3
The following gems and their related files were removed as they aren't widely enough used to justify maintenance for them by the core developers. If you use them please maintain them in your fork.
The following gems were removed because their are neither used in daily development or are just CLI tools that aren't required to be loaded from the code:
This paves the way for future improvements such as post preview or edit toolbar/help.
Removal of 'beta' code
The feature-flag on users and all the code in connection with experimental UX changes got removed/reverted. Those are the parts that became Makr.io.
The single-post view will also be revamped/reverted, but that didn't make it into this release.