Ravi (a Lua 5.3 dialect) Alpha Release 0.19 with LLVM JIT compilation support
The principal changes in this release are:
- Lua 5.3.4 Bug fixes ( issues #119 )
- Bug fixes ( issues #118 )
- Ravi has been tested against LLVM 3.9, 3.8 and 3.7. LLVM versions 3.6 and 3.5 should still work but has not been tested.
- On Windows this release was tested against LLVM 3.9.0 in 32-bit mode. The Windows 64-bit builds have known issues as stated below.
- On Linux the build was tested against LLVM 3.7.0, 3.9.0.
- On Mac OSX the build was tested against LLVM 3.8.0.
Please refer to the logged issues for known problems. In particular on Windows platforms the 64-bit JIT code does not handle longjmp/setjmp reliably due to limitations in LLVM's 64-bit code generation on Windows. For details please refer to issue #30. As a workaround I am supplying 32-bit binaries for the Windows platform until the issue is resolved in LLVM.
The 32-bit build on Windows fails to correctly perform bitwise operations when statically typed local variables are used (issue #74).
Please also refer to the Ravi documentation for a list of known differences between JIT mode and interpreted mode, and compatibility with Lua 5.3.