DigiByte Core 6.17.2
This will be mostly of interest to pool-operators, as we prepare the way for hashing algorithm replacements. We need to get pool operators running DigiByte Core 6.17.2+ so that we can ensure a smooth transition down the road to Odocrypt and or other algorithms. No official plans have yet to be confirmed for an algo swap.
No block has ever been mined on DigiByte with a non-standard SCRYPT version, but the code currently allows it. This is problematic for algo-swap hard-forks, so to make the upcoming hard-fork easier we do a soft-fork now that forbids non-standard SCRYPT versions. We'll need miners to upgrade.
- Preparation for Odocrypt algorithm (No change date set yet)
- Mine multiple algorithms on a single digibyted instance
- Blockchain pruning now can be set in qt interface.
- Partial spend avoidance flag for privacy (optional)
- Partially Signed Transaction support
- Scan TX output support
- Transaction indexing can be toggled on-the-fly
- Testnet fixes & reset
- Upstream improvements from Bitcoin Core 0.17 & 0.17.1
- On par with BTC as of tag v7.17.1, December 6th: bitcoin/bitcoin@ef70f9b
See BTC 0.17.0 Release notes here: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.17.0
See BTC 0.17.1 Release notes here: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.17.0
For a broader explanation of the improvements, see https://medium.com/@josiah_digibyte/heres-digibyte-core-6-17-2-f77faa2b70ee
Who should upgrade?
This upgrade is not specifically required for end-users, nor exchanges, although they are encouraged to remain on a recent release. The upgrade is mandatory for miners due to the preparation for potential future algo changes such as Odocrypt, even though the upgrade is not yet scheduled and no Odocrypt hashing code has been merged into 6.17.2