v1.1.1 - 04/25/2018
Add support for DigiMesh and 802.15.4 protocols on XBee3 modules.
Return an unknown XBee packet when the received packet is not supported by the library instead of raising an exception.
Change logging handler to log messages in the console.
Bug Fixing: * Fix a problem when closing the device connection in the reader. * Fix how is determined whether the module has entered in AT command mode
- Fix the string encoding and decoding in some API packets.
- Fix the message displayed when the XBee device protocol is not correct one.
v1.1.0 - 01/19/2018
Add support for new hardware variants: * XB8X
Add missing 'Modem Status' values for Remote Manager connect and disconnect events.
Bug Fixing: * Fix timeouts on Unix platforms. * Fix the return source endpoint method from the 'ExplicitRXIndicatorPacket'
- Perform general bug fixing when working in API escaped mode.
v1.0.0 - 10/02/2017
Initial release of XBee Python library. The main features of the library include:
- Support for ZigBee, 802.15.4, DigiMesh, Point-to-Multipoint, Wi-Fi, Cellular and NB-IoT devices.
- Support for API and API escaped operating modes.
- Management of local (attached to the PC) and remote XBee device objects.
- Discovery of remote XBee devices associated with the same network as the local device.
- Configuration of local and remote XBee devices: * Configure common parameters with specific setters and getters. * Configure any other parameter with generic methods. * Execute AT commands. * Apply configuration changes. * Write configuration changes. * Reset the device.
- Transmission of data to all the XBee devices on the network or to a specific device.
- Reception of data from remote XBee devices: * Data polling. * Data reception callback.
- Transmission and reception of IP and SMS messages.
- Reception of network status changes related to the local XBee device.
- IO lines management: * Configure IO lines. * Set IO line value. * Read IO line value. * Receive IO data samples from any remote XBee device on the network.
- Support for explicit frames and application layer fields (Source endpoint, Destination endpoint, Profile ID, and Cluster ID).
- Multiple examples that show how to use the available APIs.