OpenWrt for the Digineo AC1200 Pro
Obtaining pre-built firmwares
You'll find the latest firmware images on the Github releases page.
You may also use the OpenWrt images found here (look for the
zbt-wg3526-32M files). Please note that these images only contain the
bare essentials, and not all device features may be available without
manually installing further packages.
Building firmware manually
To build the firmware image, you need to meet some prerequisites.
- You'll need a Linux machine to perform the build. This can be either a physical or a virtual machine.
- Depending on the distribution, you may need to install some dependencies (tools/libraries/etc.). Refer to the OpenWrt wiki on how to get started.
- The building machine requires approx. 12-15 GB free disk space. A powerful CPU and lots of RAM are recommended.
Clone this repository
If you start fresh, get a copy of this repository:
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/digineo/openwrt-ac1200.git . $ cd openwrt-ac1200
If you only need to fetch updates, do the following:
$ cd /path/to/openwrt-1200 $ git pull $ git submodule update --init
Building the image
In the source checkout directory, run this command:
$ make all
When it finishes, you'll find the image files in
openwrt-ramips-mt7621-zbt-wg3526-32M-initramfs-kernel.binto downgrade or perform a factory reset, and
openwrt-ramips-mt7621-zbt-wg3526-32M-squashfs-sysupgrade.binto upgrade to a newer version
Warning: Do not use the
sysupgrade file to perform a version downgrade.
This is not supported.
Flashing the router
- Login to your router (by default http://192.168.1.1)
- Go to System → Backup/Flash firmware.
- Under "Flash new firmware image", select the image file.
- Click on the "Flash image..." button.
- Click in "Proceed".
- Wait for the process to finish. This will take a few minutes.
Alternatively, you may copy the image file via
scp onto your device, and
perform a manual sysupgrade:
$ scp /path/to/kernel-or-sysupgrade.bin firstname.lastname@example.org:/tmp/ $ ssh email@example.com # sysupgrade /tmp/kernel-or-sysupgrade.bin
This will additionally print some diagnostics, before finally restarting the device. Do not terminate the SSH connection while sysupgrade is running!
The OpenWrt firmware and supplementary packages are licensed unter the terms of the GNU GPL, Version 2. See here for more details. OpenWrt is a registered trademark owned by Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
This repository is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, Version 2. See the LICENSE file for details.