Just Another Repository for Scholars
JARS is an extremely minimalistic data repository implemented in Django 1.7. In contrast to monolithic one-stop-shop repository packages that require an army of developers to support, JARS focuses on providing bare-minimum data and metadata storage out of the box.
Some notable features:
- Supports just about any metadata schema that can be expressed in RDF,
- Can interface with remote authority services, and include references to remote resources in metadata,
- Provides a simple REST API for interacting with your resources,
- Can talk to a Handle server to generate unique handles for resources,
- Curate and retrieve collections of resources (e.g. a corpus for text mining), including remote resources.
- Friendly and simple content access control for projects working with copyright or otherwise restricted data.
The target audience is primarily scholars working with digitized texts that need a more robust storage facility than whatever mess is on their harddrive, and need stable URIs.
For a sample deployment on CentOS 7, see diging/ansible-amphora-role