Beanstalk Deployments from your windows system tray.
Quick Install - Precompiled Binaries
- Download the binaries or installer from the Downloads page
- Install / Unzip where you want it
- Start from your Start Menu or DeployBean.exe
- Right-click on the tray icon and go to settings
- You're good to go!
.NET Framework 4 is required - the install will download it if you don't have it
- Click the Tray icon to bring up the deployment menu.
- Navigate the menu with arrow keys + enter or the mouse.
- Set a hotkey form the settings menu to launch the deploy menu.
- It will remember the last repository you selected, and the last enviroment for each repository.
- The latest commit will always be selected.
- Only non-current enviroments show (if you select a past commit it will show current ones for roll-back).
- Tray notification on deployment scucess or failure.
- Add a second account to access two accounts from the same menu.
Hacking on DeployBean
- Grab the VB.NET project by grabbings this repo and edit with Visual Studio or Visual Basic Express 2010
- Open DeployBean.vbproj and hack away
If you make any improvements please send a pull request!
If the program crashes it's likely due to no internet connection, being behind a proxy (no proxy support yet), or bad login information.
Make sure you have the API enabled in you Beanstalk account - this could also cause it to crash.
This is by no means a polished program - very little error control is present - but given the nature of the Beanstalk API this means crashes are possible, not mistaken deployments.
DeployBean is released under the GNU General Public License - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Want to support my development of this app and other open source software?
Then send your pull requests
Or donate - PayPal Donate
Want a specific feature added?
Download the repo and add - don't forget that pull request
Or donate and let me know what you'd like to see
If you are a part of one of those companies that use Beanstalk and find this useful and you want to throw me a free account so I can make more cool stuff like this, that'd be awesome. digistump (a_t) gmail (d_o_t) com
###Special thanks to Beanstalk for providing a test account for development of this app