This repository has samples that are related to my Vagrant Talk.
The slides are available at http://slides.com/digitaldrummerj/devopsyourself-ndcoslo/#/
- Example of using a json file to configure multiple machines.
- This only works if the provisioning from 1 machine is not dependent on another machine.
- Basic Windows 8.1 machine with no additional software installed as part of creating it.
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise machine that installs Chocolatey, Boxstarter and run a Boxstarter package as part of the provisioning process.
- Holds scripts that useful for packaging up a VM like turning on WinRM, disabling firewall, setting powershell execution policy, etc
- Scripts that can be used during provisioning.
I have a series of blog post that go through explains how Vagrant works, installing Chocolatey/Boxstarter/Software as part of the provisioning process, creating multiple machines, managing azure virtual machines and creating your own base boxes.