Centro - Find the best meeting point
Centro is a web-based application, used for getting suggestions about meeting places given several starting points and additional constraints.
- Java JDK (1.7 or above)
- A Tomcat server
- Maven (Help: https://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html)
Build with no IDE
These instructions can guide someone to build & deploy the project without using any IDE, just using Maven. Execute the following commands in the root folder of the project.
- Download & install all maven dependencies:
mvn clean install
- Execute all unit tests
- Build and Create .war file (all unit tests will be executed):
targetfolder and copy it in Tomcat
webappsfolder. Startup Tomcat.
Build using Eclipse
- Download & extract Eclipse Enterprise Edition (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/keplerr)
- Generate the Eclipse project by executing the following command at the root of the project directory:
- Import the project in Eclipse (click file -> import -> existing project into workspace)
- Configure a Tomcat 6 server (Tomcat 7 is incompatible with Java 1.7) (right click in the server tab -> new -> server) (If you don't have tomcat installed, after server -> new, click on add on the right of "server runtime environment", then click "Download and install")
- Click on "run" then choose "run on server" and pick the server you've just configured
- You're done =D
Build using Netbeans
- Install Netbeans from the official site
- Install a Tomcat Server and configure it with Netbeans
- Import this maven project by clicking File -> New Project -> Maven -> Project with Existing POM -> (browse to pom.xml file and select it)
- Configure the following properties of Netbeans project :
- Project Properties -> Run -> setup Tomcat as Server of this project
- Project Properties -> Actions -> Run Project -> Execute Goals (add "package")
- Project Properties -> Actions -> Build Project -> Execute Goals (add "package")
- Project Properties -> Actions -> Test Project -> Execute Goals (add "test")
- Select "Build Project" to build the project
- Select "Test Project" to execute all Unit Tests
- Select "Run Project" through Netbeans. Application is now deployed in Tomcat.
The database schema is also versioned, in folder
setup.sqlto create the database and the user
schema-init.sqlto create the initial database schema, adding the first data
After changing the database schema, each developer should commit the changes in the schema in a separate script, and also add the necessary query in the script that adds the corresponding record in the table
schema_version. This table is used to check which scripts have been executed in the current version and their order.
Centro uses Google API in the back-end, making use of several features that require an API key.
In order for Centro to be functional after deployed, define this API key in the properties file
app.properties in folder
Analytics are by default disabled in Centro. In order to enable them, edit the file
ga.js in folder
src/main/webapp/resources/analytics, by changing the value of the global variable ANALYTICS_ENABLED and adjusting the rest properties of the analytics account.