Tool to record and search tweeted media across cities. http://urbanevents.dimroc.com/?q=graffiti
- City Recorder: Classifies tweets from Twitter's Public Streaming API with a neighborhood by running Elasticsearch (ES) Geospatial percolations against an index of city neighborhood GeoJSON files.
- City Web: Searches across cities using Elasticsearch's
top_hitsmetric aggregator and displays results in React JS.
- Currently listening to NYC, London, Paris, Austin, Miami, and Los Angeles.
City Recorder (cityservice/)
- Listens to geotagged tweets in real-time with a Golang service
- Unfurls instagram links to get actual media
- Uses Elasticsearch percolator against an index of geoshapes to classify tweets
- Pushes events using Server Side Events (SSE)
- Golang test framework Convey and mock framework GoMock.
- React JS with Redux for the client
- Webpack with ES6, HMR, and all that good stuff
- Elasticsearch Aggregation queries to search across cities
- Useful for adhoc Elasticsearch queries and analytics.
- Docker all day
- Links and Volumes all day
- Docker Cloud (formerly tutum.co) to deploy and host all those docker containers
- Extensive use of Stackfile.
- Ability to play videos
- More Design Love
- Image classification using machine learning or developer friendly service like https://imagga.com/ - But can I afford it?